-
February 13th, 2005, 02:10 AM
#1
Inactive Member
What are your favorite decades of fashion? Specify if you like the earlier or later fashions of the decade (ex: early 1930's, late 1930's), or if you like the whole decade all together, just say so (ex: 1930's). I only stress this because fashion can change drastically throughout a decade-take the 1960's for example. The fashions of the early 1960's were very feminine and flowery. The late 1960's were very bold, bright, and often times kooky. I myself perfer the mod fashions of the late 1960's. These are my favorite decades of fashion...
** The 1700's as a whole-okay, so this is more than a decade... [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]
** The 1860's
** The 1880's
** The 1910's-An amazing period of fashion.
** The 1920's-again, an amazing period of fashion.
** The early 1930's
** The late 1960's
** The early 1970's
** The late, LATE 1970's/ Early 80's-these two really bleed into each other...
** The late 1980's-okay, so I totally divided the early 1980's from the late 1980's; but both halves are so cool for different reasons.
And that's about it!
-
February 13th, 2005, 02:23 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I love the Pioneer era and Victorian Era! Those are mine decades! [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
February 13th, 2005, 02:51 AM
#3
swazini
Guest
I would love to wear Civil War era clothing with a big hoop skirt ala Gone With the Wind. I also love the bustles that were popular in the latter part of the Victorian era.
For practicality's sake (and comfort), the fashion of the 50's would be great too. My mom was 10 in 1954 and graduated in '62 I think. One of my favorite things is looking at pictures of her and looking through her yearbooks...they are just so awesome. Unlike me, my mom was really stylish too. I got a kick out of a picture I found of her the other day from the very early 70s holding her little black poodle Tammy and wearing a leather mini-skirt and matching go-go like boots! You would never catch me wearing that! I love that about her though [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-
February 13th, 2005, 02:59 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Late '30's through late 40's. I LOVE everything about that time period from the clothes and music to the dancing and movies and the cars and everything.
-
February 13th, 2005, 03:02 AM
#5
Inactive Member
I LOVE Edwardian (1910's) styles (think Kate Winslet in Titanic - I purposely got a dress for prom that resembled her burgundy red one with the beading on top, Empire waist, and smooth skirt... *sigh* - it was a great dress!) I also love fashion from the 1920's. After that, I really don't think so much of fashion in decades as I do in icons (the people who wore the fashion!). Jackie-O, for instance. My favourite "modern icons" would be Nicole Kidman or Scarlet Johansen, whatever they wear is great. My favourite designers (conceptually, that is, I could never realistically wear this stuff!) are Versace, Tom Ford, and Blumarine.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 12, 2005 11:06 PM: Message edited by: amandajg ]</font>
-
February 13th, 2005, 03:20 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Late 1950s through the mid-1960s. A great era for fashion...
Taffy
-
February 13th, 2005, 03:21 AM
#7
Inactive Member
I love the Civil War era and also the Edwardian Era like 1912-ish I think. Sometimes I wish I could go back and live just a day in those times just for the dresses.
-
February 13th, 2005, 03:27 AM
#8
Inactive Member
DEFINITELY the Edwardian period. Those chicks knew how to dress! And the late Victorian (early Victorian was just too stuffy!). But you can't live where I live and not love the Civil War Era and those huge hoops.
But I love the skirts of the forties and fifties, with the heavy heeled shoes and Dior's New Look.
-
February 13th, 2005, 03:55 AM
#9
chrstnwmn7
Guest
Samantha's era.
The 50's for sure.
The 70's fashion...but not the hair
-
February 13th, 2005, 06:53 AM
#10
Inactive Member
The 40's - peplums, pink, grey, and black colors, soft wavy hair. I love the feminine looks...curvy was in. Molly's bathing suit really reminds me of the se*y starlets of the forties (like Miki mentioned Esther Williams). I'm surprised to see that Molly is wearing such a "womanly" bathing suit, but it sure will be cute on her.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks